CTC High Performance Bell-type Suction Cups, the Suction Cups that Hold Fast to Sheet Metal
In many industrial sectors where sheet metal handling is required, vacuum handling is increasingly used, and suction cups have become an essential element of safety, reliability, and productivity. With CTC high performance bell-type suction cups, COVAL has brought manufacturers the best of both flat and bellows suction cups to enhance system efficiency.
The main feature of this new range of CTC suction cups is its bell shape. This new design combines the advantages of both flat and bellows suction cups. They have the strength and anti-slip qualities of the former, with the added abilities of the latter to grip complex or angular shapes.
The CTC cup series has a large deflection capability, adapting easily to gripping flat, convex, or angular sheet metal.
Their anti-slip cleats make it easy to move heavy, oily sheets quickly and efficiently, while their central stops ensure that thin sheets are gripped tightly without deforming them.
All are made from TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane), for excellent resistance to wear and oil.
• Extreme resistance to slippage and acceleration.
• Excellent adaptation to convex surfaces and angular shapes.
• Excellent resistance to wear and oil thanks to thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU).
• Integrated O-ring seal.
• Sealing lips.
CTC's high performance bell-type suction cups are available in a wide range of diameters (4 diameters from 40 to 100 mm) and mounting configurations (3/8G male or female and 32 mm square), to adapt perfectly to all types of applications.
A Broad Range of Applications
The versatility, sturdiness, reliability, and safety features of CTC's new high performance bell-type suction cups make them ideal for use in any industry where sheet metal or metal parts are handled as part of the process:
• Feeding machines such as folders and cutters
• Picking up sheet metal or parts for transfer to stamping presses and storage
CTC suction cups are perfect for use in the automotive sector, in various stages of the manufacturing process: stamping, fitting, assembly, etc.
COVAL has developed a long-standing partnership with major car manufacturers, supplying them with products that meet their expectations in terms of quality and productivity.
Qualities that Make the Difference
• Speed : Ideal for high-speed presses for high throughput and handling of larger parts (body sides, roofs, doors, etc.)
• Lightweight : Polyamide inserts
• Versatility : Provides excellent hold, thanks to its bell shape, for all flat, convex, or angular-shaped sheet metal.
• Durability : Excellent resistance to wear and oil, thanks to thermoplastic polyurethane.
• Safety : Anti-slip cleats for oily sheets